Friday, April 23, 2010

Attitude

I'm not sure what happened, but my sweet little boy has started acting like a mean third-grader.

The three of us went out for drinks and appetizers with some of Dustin's work friends the other night. Henry was reaching for the fork and knife on the table. Not wanting him to stab himself or poke his eye out, I looked at him, grabbed his hands to pull them away from the utensils, and said no. I told him that he couldn't have them because he might hurt himself. He then looked at me WITH THE MEANEST BABY FACE I HAVE EVER SEEN and (basically) grunted at me several times. It was clear he was NOT happy with me correcting him.

Yesterday, a similar situation occurred. He was doing something dangerous, so I picked him up and told him no. He didn't like that apparently, because he very purposefully took both his hands and smacked me straight in the face.

He definitely knows what the word "no" means because when I tell him no, 9 times out of 10 he will stop what he's doing (but of course he'll do it again shortly thereafter).

I thought this was something I'd have to deal with in the terrible twos... not now! He's still a baby for crying out loud!



1 comment:

Shellie said...

haven't you heard its called the terrible childhood years. they changed it. good luck.