Saturday, March 6, 2010

Henry's (almost) 8 Month Update

Henry is going to be 8 months old on Monday.

He is definitely starting to act older. The other day he threw his very first tantrum. He had pulled a highlighter out of my purse and was chewing on it. I went over to him, said "no" (very firmly) and took it away from him. He started crying/screaming and leaned over and banged his hands on the ground several times. Nice.

He's also moving everywhere. He can crawl with his belly off the floor, but he is still faster with his belly on the floor so that's usually how he does it. He follows me around the whole apartment. It's cute that he wants to be in the same room. He can't go backwards though, so sometimes we hear him whining because he has gotten himself in a corner and can't get back out. It's funny.

The other day I had him sitting in his car seat, but not buckled. I had to drive like 6 spaces away and re-park the car. After re-parking I got out of the car and started to transfer stuff from my car to my mom's car. After a minute I noticed this...

Photocarseat

Something similar happened at the grocery store. He was sitting in the cart while I was loading groceries onto the belt... apparently he thought we needed to pay for him as well. 

Photogrocery

This is a cute picture from Sofa Mart. While I was picking out new furniture, I had him sitting on this little baby couch. If it weren't $119 I would have bought it for him. So cute!

Photosofa

Henry, Dustin, Michelle and I went to the MSU Hockey game two weeks ago (Michelle had come to visit for a few days). I was a little worried about having him there because the game was so loud and everyone was clapping, etc. He didn't mind one bit, though. In fact, I think he thought everyone was clapping for him! He was making friends with everyone sitting around us. Including this lady...

Photohockey
She was sitting next to us and wanted to hold him. Of course, Henry couldn't care less who holds him as long as someone is holding him. Dustin talked to her a lot through the night about hockey and found out that she bakes cookies for all the hockey players.

He's really started to eat lots of things lately. He's tried yogurt bites, sweet potato puffs, cheerios, bread and other random bits of food. His favorite is to chew on sticks of celery. I also gave him a biter biscuit the other day. Um...had I known how messy this was going to get, I would have stripped him down.

Lightbiscuit 

Messyhands 

So those are just a few pics from the last few weeks. We're going to get his 8-month pictures on Monday and we have the cutest outfit picked out for him. Let's just say it fits his personality perfectly... stay tuned!

4 comments:

Shellie said...

hims so freakin' cute. favorite picture is of the car seat. and of the lady holding him. keep passing him around to people lol so he doesn't get clingy, whiny, and ridic on the stranger danger front. yikes.

nancy said...

he's a doll, les. i mean, truly.

abby said...

the one of him on the baby sofa is killing me! Ah! I can't wait to come up there and nibble on him! He better hide from me, 'cause it's gonna be crazy!

Bernie said...

He's so stinkin' cute!! Not to push my company, but check out the furniture dept at Big Lots for great deals on kiddie furniture, including chairs and recliners for men his size! Really cute stuff for about 1/3 the price of that one. :)