Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy 5 Month Birthday, Henry!

Today our chubby boy is 5 months old!

Last night he rolled over from his back to his belly (he did belly to back at 1 month)!  He did this for Dustin when I was at work.I also discovered that he can weasel his way out of his Bumbo seat in addition to his bouncer. He's a nut.

He's still getting better at eating solid foods. He likes sweet potatoes, LOVES green beans and will tolerate carrots and peas. 9 times out of 10 if you give him rice cereal he screams bloody murder. He absolutely hates it. (Unless I sneak it in his bottle, then he has no idea.)

For all the things he's done developmentally that are ahead of schedule, one thing he cannot get the hang of is sleeping. I've read books, listened to advice and searched the web for ideas to help get this little guy to sleep and nothing works. He fights it so much. He is visibly tired, but won't lay down and fall asleep on his own. If we let him cry (coming in to soothe him every 10 minutes), he continues to cry until he chokes and breaks out into a red rash all over his head. He gets so worked up that he simply cannot fall asleep without being picked up and held. There's so much more I could write on this subject, but I'll save that for another day. 

Today we went to visit Santa Claus at the mall and also to get some 5-month pictures taken at the portrait studio. He is such a ham... Dustin can get him to smile and laugh over anything. One thing that is particularly funny is that if we say "Boooooo-bies" he cracks up. Apparently he thinks boobies are funny -- what a man!

Speaking of Dustin... Henry definitely loves his Dad. Dustin is the one that discovers all the ways to make Henry laugh, smile and giggle. Dustin always complains that I "steal his material" in order to get Henry to laugh. It's true! Henry doesn't smile and laugh as much for me as he does for Dustin, but that's OK. I'm glad he does it since I get to be home with him all day. It's nice that Henry does things just for his Dad.

He's also recently discovered his feet. Whenever I change his diaper, the first thing he does is lift his legs up (farts) and grabs his feet. He really loves to put his fingers (usually three of them) in his mouth. Thankfully he just chews on them and doesn't suck them. 

I think that's it for everything that's been going on with our chubby man.

I'll leave you with a picture from about a month ago when he was visiting with his great grandma.

IMG_1932 

No doubt, he was probably laughing at his Dad.

1 comment:

nancy said...

he's a doll, les. a DOLL. so cute.