There's been a bunch of talk lately about how dangerous it is to text while driving -- so dangerous, they say, that they're going to make it illegal.
I think that's crap, personally.
Here's a list of things that I do that are just as bad, if not worse than texting while driving...
1) changing a CD
2) talking on the phone
3) reaching to the backseat and digging around for my son's pacifier
4) reaching to the backseat and feeding my son a bottle
5) eating Wendy's/McDonalds/Tim Horton's/etc.
6) plugging in my iphone to the charger
7) looking at google maps for directions
8) looking in my purse for chapstick/lipstick
9) plugging my iphone into the cable so that I can listen to a podcast
9b) picking out a podcast to listen to
10) being sidetracked at the minivan in front of me that is playing a DVD for their kids
11) and of course... texting
I don't necessarily think that I should do these things while driving, but I know I'm not the only one that does them.
My point is, I just don't think that eliminating texting while driving is going to do a whole lot. It seems like they would have to cut down on a bunch of other stuff if they really want to make driving safer.
2 comments:
if they REALLY want to make driving safer, they'd outlaw driving.
Amen Sister!
There's so much I do that I shouldn't while driving...and texting is one of them haha!
Post a Comment