Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome, Henry Joseph Sleesman!

This little man was born last night at 10:21. 


HENRYJ

The look on his face cracks me up. This was taken this morning... he was about 11 hours old. 

We got into our new room around 2:00 am and he was taken to the nursery to have some tests and get a bath. Dustin went with him, but before they got to give him a bath they decided that he was breathing too fast. They sent Dustin back to our room to wait. About an hour later they decided that he needed to be a 'nursery baby' for the night. Instead of staying with us in our room, they wanted to keep him there and just make sure he slowed it down a bit. Being a good boy, he did slow his breathing down, but a little too much. So... they ended up keeping him from 2:00 am until a little after 9:00 am. He's doing great now, though. He figured it out :-) So all of these pictures are what I like to call "dirty Henry" since these are pre-bath. 

IMG_0317

Last night I asked my Dad if he thought it was a boy or a girl. He went over to the little wipe off board in my room and wrote this... he was right!!

IMG_0302

Right after I delivered, Dustin wanted to go tell our families that "it" was a boy. The nurse told Dustin to wait so that she could stamp his footprints on his arm to show everyone. I thought that was such a cute idea! 

IMG_0338

Grandma and Henry. (The housekeeping lady thought she was my sister!)

IMG_0334

Grandpa and Henry. (Henry, this is the guy that is going to teach you how to play golf.)

We will post lots more pictures of Dustin's family and pics of Henry post-bath soon! (They just took him to do more vitals and to bathe him.)

:-)

10 comments:

Tasha said...

Awww he is just adorable!! I'm so glad to hear your all doing well! What a cute little man :) congratulations!! I can't wait to meet him :) xoxo

Stephanne said...

Isn't it just the best thing in the world to finally be able to look into the eyes of YOUR child? The one you've carried for 9 months, labored over and dreamed about all this time? "Hi, how are ya? I'm... your MOMMY."
Congratulations, Leslie & Dustin! Henry is a beautiful little boy and oh-so-blessed to be a part of your family!

Connie said...

Congratulations you. What a beautiful little boy.
Connie and Roger

Erin said...

Congratulations!!!!!! So excited that little Henry is here!

Kate said...

Love him...Love him...LOVE HIM <3
Congrats!!!!

nancy said...

he's ADORABLE, les! what a sweetheart! can't wait to hold him! congrats out the wazoo to you and dustin.
ps - can i say this - just once - and then i promise NEVER to say it again:
WELCOME, HANK JOE!
:)

abby said...

awe! He's so sweet! i can't wait to see him in person!

Amy Kennedy said...

Your blog hits are going to be through the roof.... I keep checking back just to see another look at your little man. He's so cute and handsome and adorable! I can't wait to see him in person.... how about you guys driving down to Columbus tomorrow? You'd have so many adoring fans waiting! (We could get a homecoming parade organized).
Congrats Leslie and Dustin!
Lots of love-
Amy

Jennifer Randolph said...

This is Amy's friend, Jen--I just wanted to congratulate you and Dustin on your beautiful baby boy. I absolutely love his name. As the mom of a boy and a girl--I can tell you that little boys are so much fun! I wish all the best for you!
Jennifer Randolph

Sarah Sabourin said...

Yay!!! Welcome to the world, little Henry! What a cute little guy you are! We can't wait to meet you! We promise to keep The Muriel Monster at a safe distance so she doesn't bite you with her vampire teeth! Congratulations Leslie and Dustin!!!! Bring him to Ohio soon!!! Enjoy every second!