Henry has been a busy boy lately.
On Friday, Abby, Nancy (her Mom), and the twins came to visit Henry.
Since we've lived in Michigan we haven't had that many visitors, so it was especially good to see them. It was strange to think each morning that Abby was coming over that day. It reminded me of living in Ohio. It made me happy, but also a little sad when it was over. Sometimes I forget how much I miss having my friends and family close-by.
So the whole point of the trip was so that Charlie and Olivia could meet their new friend. (Henry makes them look like giants.) I love how Henry is leaning on Olivia's chubby little arm. So sweet.
It was hard to get them into position...
I'm sure Henry is thinking: "Charlie, your diaper smells very fresh!"
Speaking of Charlie, isn't he so cute? I want his eyelashes.
And Olivia is one of the happiest babies ever. She cracks me up.
We went out to dinner a few times, Abby helped me pick out new bottles at Babies R Us (the ones I asked for I ended up not liking so we exchanged them) and organize Henry's dresser with a bunch of cute hand-me-downs from Charlie, we went shopping at the outlet mall for new baby clothes, we chatted, caught up and cleaned up lots of diapers and spit-up... it was a very productive weekend!
All that playing with friends made Henry a very sleepy boy.
During our trip to the outlet mall, something exciting happened...
Henry's gross umbilical cord fell off in the Gap bathroom!
You know what that means...
TIME FOR A REAL BATH!
Henry took a bath with me and he actually enjoyed the water! He hated being soaped-up and actually cleaned off (another boy-ish behavior), but when I was bouncing him in the water he loved it. He would immediately stop crying and just look around with big eyes.
The best part was how good he smelled afterwards.
4 comments:
we had a great time, too, les. soooooooo glad we came. :)
the after bath smell is y favorite too! can't beat it. and i think henry really looked like dustin in that last pic. AND, i miss you too. :( it was so much fun to hang out with you guys this weekend. we'll have to plan another trip soon.
Awww what an exciting few days :). Yay for yummy smelling babies :) and I can't believe how big Charlie & oliva ate getting! They're so cute :)
Henry needs to update his blog, oh did I say his blog, I mean Leslie and Dustin's blog.
Post a Comment