Friday, June 26, 2009

Baby Shower Weekend!

So last weekend was my baby shower in Columbus (there will be another one in Edgerton with Dustin's family sometime in September). 


I was super excited to see everyone! When I come in to town for stuff like this, it's extra great because I can see a bunch of people at once. 

The shower was fun! Here are a few pics from the day:

IMG_0174

This is my elementary-school friend, Brittany, and her mom, Debbie. I was thrilled that Brittany brought her mom along! I haven't seen Debbie in about 7(ish) years. 

IMG_0176

Terri and Michelle. Terri made the baby the most adorable, green afghan. It looks awesome with the colors of the baby's room. 

IMG_0170

My mom ordered cupcakes from the same place that did them for our wedding. Yummy!

IMG_0167

If you notice in the picture above (of the cupcakes) there is one missing on the left. As soon as Ella was done eating, she very politely came over to ask me if it was time for everyone to eat cupcakes. (The poor girl ate her entire meal staring at the whole tray of them.) I told her that if it was okay with her mommy then it was probably a good time for her to eat a cupcake. Jill agreed (my cousin, Ella's mom) and I went over to help her get her cupcake. She immediately pointed to the one on the corner (apparently she had been planning exactly which one she wanted) and said, "I want that one". As you can see, she seemed to be enjoying herself! 

IMG_0189
What were you laughing at, Kate?! (My cousins Jess and Kate and my Aunt Deb).

IMG_0183

This is just one of the many horrible pictures of myself, but I figured I'd better put at least one on here. This is the cute bib that Dustin picked out for our baby (and Nancy and Abby bought for us!)  :-) 

There's some more pictures that I want to post of gifts that we received (especially the ones from Amy and Mandy), but I will post them tomorrow (hopefully) when I post pictures of the baby's room (FINALLY!).

Thanks to Mom for throwing me such a great shower!! 

1 comment:

TashaM said...

Look at all the loot ;)
Did you get it all back to MI ok?
It looks like you had a good turn out and a good time!!
I can't wait to hear about it :)
Miss you!