So I found this recipe a few days ago on Nancy's blog. I love regular oatmeal but I'd never heard of baked oatmeal before. The recipe sounded healthy and easy, so I thought I would give it a try. I made it tonight so we could have it for a snack and tomorrow's breakfast.
I LOVE THIS STUFF. Dustin agreed. He loved it, too!
I made mine with blackberries, but I wish that I had used raisins or strawberries. I realized that I don't like blackberries all that much, but it was still delicious.
Here's the recipe that Nancy posted:
2 eggs
1/2 C. applesauce (Nancy made her own, but I used the stuff from the jar)
3/4 C. sugar
1 C. milk (Nancy used skim, but I used 2%)
3 C. quick cooking oats
1 tsp. salt
1 T. baking powder
2 C. fresh blueberries (or other fresh fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, or apples, or dried fruits such as raisins, cranberries, etc. use your imagination)
2 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
vanilla yogurt or cream or milk
In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, sugar, and milk. Once creamy, add oats, salt, and baking powder - mix thoroughly. Add fruit as desired, stir gently.
Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 dish (I put mine in a 7 x 11 dish because that's what I had). Sprinkle top with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (Dustin and I both like stuff crispy on the top, so I baked mine for 40 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with yogurt, cream, or milk. (I served mine with strawberry and peach yogurt.)
1/2 C. applesauce (Nancy made her own, but I used the stuff from the jar)
3/4 C. sugar
1 C. milk (Nancy used skim, but I used 2%)
3 C. quick cooking oats
1 tsp. salt
1 T. baking powder
2 C. fresh blueberries (or other fresh fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, or apples, or dried fruits such as raisins, cranberries, etc. use your imagination)
2 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
vanilla yogurt or cream or milk
In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, sugar, and milk. Once creamy, add oats, salt, and baking powder - mix thoroughly. Add fruit as desired, stir gently.
Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 dish (I put mine in a 7 x 11 dish because that's what I had). Sprinkle top with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (Dustin and I both like stuff crispy on the top, so I baked mine for 40 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with yogurt, cream, or milk. (I served mine with strawberry and peach yogurt.)
Enjoy!
1 comment:
glad you liked it, les. pretty incredible that it's GOOD for you, huh?
Post a Comment