Yesterday was our 20-week ultrasound at Sparrow (the main hospital system here).
The baby was in the breech position at the time, so it made it kind of difficult on the tech to get all the measurements she needed. The good news is that we get to go back for another ultrasound because of this. We like seeing the baby, so we're happy we have to go back.
Here's the first one. Pretty self-explanatory.
This next one cracks me up. In case you forgot what you were looking at, or what was growing in my uterus, the tech labeled it for you. You can also see the spine pretty clearly.
Finally, this one is our favorite. As you can see in the two pictures above the baby was just kinda laying there. In this one, you can see that its hand is in its mouth. Cute!
The tech was super-nice and was giving us hints to go back for the next ultrasound on any day but Tuesday or Friday because that's when the good machines are sent to the high-risk ward. Of course, this time we were there on a Friday, so maybe next time we will get pictures that are more clear.
Also, we were telling her that we didn't want to know the sex of the baby, and so when she got down to that special area she had us look away, just in case there were obviously three legs or something. After she was finished she said, "Oh and just to mess with you guys, I do know the sex of your baby!" She was good though, she never slipped and told us on accident, which was what I was afraid of happening.
My next appointment (regular) is on the 20th.
4 comments:
oh, Les! this is absolutely THRILLING!
p.s. - i think it's a boy. gotta work on that name (wink-wink).
oh! the baby! YAY! YAY! YAY! and what a cutie already. :)
YAY!! I totally wanted to call and see how it went..but I'm sorry my day flew by me!
I am so sure it's a boy :) And I can't wait for our little baybay's to grow up together!
Aaawwwwww!!!!!! Doesn't that just make it SO much more real and exciting!!!! I love the "baby." Reallllyyyyyy? It'd be funnier if she wrote "alien" or something! Hope you're feeling well! Enjoy the movements -- that is the absolute best part and the part you'll miss the most (well, that and the quiet and the sleep!). We're very excited for you and the Dustinator!
Post a Comment