Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Well, hello there!

It's been a chaotic week. On Saturday, Dustin and I moved from our crap-hole of an apartment to the new, smoke-free duplex. 


Some good things about the new place:
1) No bullet casings.
2) No smoke.
3) No crappy management.
4) Not in the ghetto.
5) 3 bedrooms AND a basement.
6) New carpet.
7) In a cute little town.

Some not-so-good things about the new place:
1) Dog next door that likes to bark whenever we come home 
2) The guy who owns the joint didn't clean the place before we moved in. Thank goodness for my mother-in-law who cleaned our kitchen, or I would have thrown up doing it. There's still more to do, though. In fact, I am dreading it so much that I actually called to get a quote from Molly Maid today. Let's just say that it's out of our price range. 
3) Two tiny bathrooms (one is just a half bath)
4) Dustin has been exiled to the basement -- can't put the baby in a basement, that's for sure.
5) Our dryer is gas. The hookup is for electric. We own an electric dryer, but it's in my parents basement and we don't own a car big enough to get it. You do the math. 

In other news, The Fray's new CD came out and I am in love. Those boys have got talent. Right, Michelle? 

I got my hair colored today. 

I'm going to Columbus this weekend for a dentist appointment. Also, I'm going out with some friends on Friday for dinner. Don't know what I'm doing on Saturday for Valentine's day... Dustin's not coming with me to Columbus (he's busy). Abby, are you busy at all this weekend? I'd like to see your children. I don't so much care to see YOU, just the babies :-)

So... I'll post some pictures of our place as soon as it's clean and everything is put away. So, I'm thinking around next week. 




2 comments:

Tasha said...

Hey!!
I'm glad you guys are in and getting settled.
Josh and I are going to that (new--I think it's new) store in Hilliard the one that's like once upon a child, but owned by someone....You should meet us there!! Then we're going to babies r us to do our registry.
I am going to TRY to make it friday..It's just my moms birthday so we're taking her to dinner.
Oh! And I got to hear the baby's heart beat today :)
Can't wait to see photos of the new place.
Miss you!!

Abby said...

YAY!! Yes, I am available. Eli and I are going on Saturday night, but that's it. Call me!