For Christmas this year, Santa Claus brought me the next best thing to a pair of iPhones (one for me and one for Dustin, of course) instead, Santa gave us the money to buy the iPhones.
It was a Christmas miracle.
For years and years and years (not really) I've been wanting the iPhone. My Dad got the phone first. He's been "showing" me all the great things about it every time I come home. (By "showing" I mean, rubbing all the cool things in my face every chance he gets.) Christmas morning came and next my sister got the phone. She text messaged me on her new phone to let me know about all the coolness that is texting from the iPhone.
Then we got our Christmas miracle money. I was so excited.
After overcoming a few pangs of guilt for spending our money on super-cool iPhones (instead of a crib or a highchair), we headed off to the AT&T store today to purchase a little bit of heaven. After two and a half hours, we headed back home with phones in hand. It was the happiest New Years Day EVER...
...until I couldn't make or receive phone calls and spent over an hour on the phone with technical support only to find out that I got a freaking lemon of an iPhone and have to take it back to the store and get a new one and I will be without a phone all night and all morning. Oh, and I'll have to re-download all my applications and get a new protective screen cover because they are 'one-time-use' and I already used the one I bought on my piece of junk iPhone.
In other news... my New Year's resolution is to not buy books from bookstores for a whole year. I'm going to try and use the library. (First, I need to find out where the library is up here.)
Dustin's new years resolution is nothing. He doesn't have one. Edited: Dustin just informed me that his New Year's Resolution is to make his wife happy (suck-up) and to pass his Comprehensive Exam this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment