Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our new lucky number...

My lucky number has always been 12. I was born on the 12th day of September, so I think that's why I picked that number. Coincidentally, Dustin's lucky number is 13. He was born on the 13th day of January. 


Last night, we realized that our new lucky number is 172. 

That's how many beats per minute our baby's heart was beating inside of me. 

Dustin and I are having a baby! I am 10 weeks pregnant and the little bun is due to pop from the oven on 7/23/09. It's still pretty early, so we're crossing our fingers. 

To answer some questions:

1) We are not going to find out what the sex of the baby is. 
2) I'm hoping for a girl.
3) Dustin is hoping for a boy. 
4) I haven't gotten very sick-sick, but I feel nauseous almost everyday. It's getting better though. 
5) We found out the week before Thanksgiving. 

We had an ultrasound last night to find out how far along I was (there was some debate about this... it's a long story). It took the doctor quite a while (5 LONG minutes) to find the baby and the heartbeat. Dustin said he was so nervous he was going to pass out. I was just laying there trying not to breath too much so I moved as little as possible. It's a strange thing to be "just a little" pregnant and not really be able to tell that the little peanut is in there. Once they did find it, we were able to see the heartbeat and everything -- pretty cool. Definitely one of the strangest and happiest moments of our lives. Unfortunately, the machine they used did not print us off any pictures. We will have to wait until the next ultrasound to get those. 

What a good Christmas gift. :-)

7 comments:

nancy bjorkman said...

congratulations, guys! what wonderful Christmas news!
and by the way, since i am such an expert in these matters, looks like Leslie is getting her girl wish - a heart rate of 172 sounds like a girl to me.
:)

Tasha said...

Yay! :)
I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Kate said...

My vote is a girl too....Congrats! Merry Christmas! Love to you both!!

Dustin said...

Well, I think it's a boy. And so does Mr. Ulysses S. Grant on this 50 dollar bill.
Anybody want in on this? Double or nothing.
HAHA! Just kidding :- )

nikki said...

Leslie -
I couldn't be more thrilled for the two of you! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy! You are going to make an amazing mother...
nicole

Sarah Sabourin said...

I think it's a girl just b/c it took the doc so long to find the dang kid. Only girls pose difficulties like that. Trust me.

Stephanne said...

172 is a pretty familiar number... I remember Aubrey's being in that ballpark! But regardless of whether its a boy or a girl, you're going to be a WONDERFUL Mommy! Congratulations to both of you! I wish you a healthy pregnancy and all of the happiness in the world! ;-)