Dustin and I just got back from Christmas shopping in Brighton (it's about 45 minutes away and has much more stores that Lansing). It started to lightly snow on the way and was snowing so bad on the way back that we had to go 35-40 mph the whole way back on the highway. There were a few times where we couldn't see even a few feet in front of the car. It's supposed to snow 3-5 inches tonight and 6 inches tomorrow. Holy mother of snow.
We haven't been blogging much lately for a few reasons.
1) Finals were last week. I had eight tests in three days and it almost killed me. Thankfully, it's over and I've learned my lesson about taking that many classes and working at the same time. Never again.
2) Abby had her babies! Charlie David and Olivia Ruth were born around 9am on December 12th. They are happy and healthy and super cute. Dustin and I drove down on Saturday morning to see Abby, Eli and the babies... and Abby's Dad. It's a story that seems right out of a movie, honestly. Abby's Dad, Dave, was given a week (probably less) to live the day before she was to deliver. They were hoping that he would make it until the babies were born. Thankfully he did. He was able to see and even hold both Charlie (who happens to look just like Dave) and Olivia. Abby had time to spend with her Dad and talk to him before he passed away earlier today. It's a really happy and really sad time- but If I know Abby, she is choosing to focus on the happy. Dustin and I will be making plans to head back to Columbus later this week or next week (whenever the arrangements have been decided).
3) Sunday Dustin and I spent time with my family (Mom's side) for Christmas. It was so good getting to see everyone. Last year we couldn't make it, so I was really glad we could be there this year. I'll have to get pictures from my Mom's camera to post later.
4) Tis' the season for working crazy hours. I'm making a vow that this will be my LAST year working retail. I can't take the people in the mall during the holidays. Normal people turn into i-need-a-sale-or-i-will-scream shopping freaks. It sucks a lot of the fun out of the Christmas season for me.
Well, I'm off to bed. I'm working 10 hours tomorrow. It's freezing in our apartment, but Dustin is having hot flashes or something, so he won't let me crank up the heat.
Sweet dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment