So, we have these friends Julie and Zachary and they have a little boy Joshua. Joshua just turned three in September.
It might not seem important, but for this story it is -- I have definitely spent more time with Julie, Zachary and Joshua than Dustin has. (Julie and I met at work before she quit and left me there to rot all by myself.)
Let me give you a side story. The other day, I saw the three of them in the mall while Joshua was playing in the kids area. I was making small talk and as they were getting ready to leave, I asked Joshua to tell me what "his" name was, as I pointed to Dustin. Joshua said, "Dustin!" I then asked him what my name was. Joshua said, "Box" as he gave me a mean little three year old face. It was so funny that I almost couldn't stop laughing. (I laughed, but I still couldn't believe it that he wouldn't say my name.)
So....
Apparently, for Christmas this year Joshua got a baby doll from his Grandma. His grandma said that Joshua was allowed to name the baby ANYTHING he wanted. Without missing a beat, Joshua announced that he wanted to name his baby "Dustin" because "the other Dustin plays with him when he comes over."
I PLAY WITH HIM TOO! I even bought him a Christmas present! But, NOOooooo. He doesn't name his baby after me now does he? (Let's forget that the baby doll was a boy, so Dustin might be more appropriate... but Leslie can be a boy's name, too. Right, Dad?)
So there you have it. Dustin is going to be a good Dad that plays with his kid and I'll just be Box.
1 comment:
Hahaha.
That's a great story!
Post a Comment