Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yum, Yum, Yummy Pasta

I was reading an issue of Real Simple the other day, and I thought I would actually try one of the recipes. Turns out, this is the best pasta ever! I usually don't like leftovers, but I've been eating this for days. 


Here is goes:

One Red Bell Pepper 
One Green Pepper 
EVOO (as Rachel Ray would say)
One ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
Italian dressing
Spinach (the baby kind in the bags)
1 box of Rotini 
Salt and Peppa (right, Amy?!)
Garlic

1) Cook the pasta, drain it and set it aside. 
2) Cut up the red and green peppers into 1-inch strips
3) Put the bell peppers into a pan with two big handfuls of spinach and some EVOO (just put some in there, don't think about it)
4) Throw in some salt and pepper
5) Toss in the garlic
6) Let those cook for like 10 minutes or so, until the peppers get softer
7) Once that's done, put the pasta in the mix and add a 1/2 cup of Italian dressing (this part is NOT in the recipe, but I like it.)
8) Let that cook for like a minute together, and then pull it off the fire and into a big bowl. 
9) Cut or ball up the mozzarella and put it unto the pasta once it's cooled down a bit. Mix together. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Dustin cleaned his car again. In other amazing news, he cleaned my car too!! Isn't that awesome and totally sweet?! He washed it, waxed it, put rain-x on it, waxed it again, cleaned the inside and vacuumed it. He even did this while I was at work so it was a surprise. I went to leave and got into a very fancy looking/smelling car. 

Also, I'm going to start knitting again. I read The Friday Night Knitting Club and now I really want to knit again. I was never all that good at it. I could only make things that were rectangle or square (read: blankets and scarves). I'm off tomorrow and I plan on going to this knitting store that's across town. We'll see how that goes. They're going to have to teach me the basics again, because I kinda forget. 

I want the iPhone really, really bad. Will someone please tell me that it's OK not to pay off some debt and get the phones instead. Seriously. Someone tell me it's a good idea. I'm 48% convinced. 

I rearranged our living room yesterday. I like it. It's a nice change. If I think about it, I'll post a picture sometime. 

Alrighty, off to watch Shawn Johnson bust it up on the balance beam tonight. I will be happy when the Olympics are over. I'm sleep deprived. 









8 comments:

Shellie said...

It is very okay to get the iphone. In fact i think its so ok you should buy 3 one for you one for me and one for dustin. =] So there you should be 51% convinced.

Brenda Maddy said...

Rearranged the living room, humm That's how it starts, next it will be the silverware drawer.

nancy said...

apparently i am living under a food rock. what is EVOO????????

Dustin said...

HAAAAAAAA! Thank you, Nancy. I told Leslie to specify what "EVOO" means (as not everyone worships Rachael Ray), but she didn't want to make the change. Extra-virgin olive oil. I didn't know it either until last night.
Sorry, but I have to take advantage of this "in your faaaaaaaace" opportunity because Leslie's usually right and I'm usually wrong. So, I had to say something this time...
;- )

Abby said...

EVOO shmeevoo. Iphone shmiphone. I'm interested in the knitting thing! i was going to go get some yarn today to begin my baby knitting projects! YAY!!

Erin Nusbaum said...

Um, I have an iPhone and I gotta tell you that it is WAY WORTH not paying off debt! Debt will always be there, you will have debt all your life. Who cares about it! Get the iPhone.

Tasha said...

Um...Debt can wait...the iphone however, CAN NOT! Buy it :)
EVOO-- Everyone knows what that is! Or maybe I'm just a "Rachel Ray worshiper also" right Dustin? :)
I so want one of her t-shirts that say
YUM-O!

nancy said...

Les, read what i wrote on my blog about this EEVO nonsense.
personally, i'm TOTALLY offended.
:)